Dear SCMS Parents,
I want to take this opportunity to introduce you to the Station Camp Middle School PTO and give you a brief update on some of our upcoming events and efforts to raise money for our favorite middle school.
My name is Ashley Goodman and I am the SCMS PTO President this year. On behalf of fellow Board Members, Vanessa Woodard and Roshawn DeRusha, I want to thank you for the generosity of both your time and your financial support in the past. We are currently working on the PTO calendar but I do want to let you know of some of the events and efforts we have planned for this academic school year.
- Dances- the Bison Stampede on August 18th, our Fall/Halloween dance in October, the Valentines dance in February, and finally the Beach/Luau dance in late Spring 2018.
- Teacher Appreciation lunches-there are 4 of these scheduled during the school year, including Thanksgiving lunch.
- Spirit Nights- local restaurants will partner with the PTO so that a portion of sales on these designated nights are donated to the school.
- Spring Auction-this is our one large fundraising event. It’s a silent auction held in conjunction with the chili cook-off and related arts showcase the first Thursday in March.
- Talent Show-this event showcasing the wonderful talent at SCMS will be held in May.
- Field Day-always a fun time and we are proud to be one of the very few middle schools in this area that has a field day for all of our students.
Those are just a few of the events we have planned. We realize that it is a very ambitious schedule but each event is an opportunity to raise money for education, enhance our students' middle school experience, and show support to the wonderful staff at SCMS. And we cannot do it without you! You can help by joining the PTO, donating food items for certain events, monetary donations, and most importantly, the contribution of your time at these events.
Thank you for all of your support. We look forward to a successful and fun school year!
Station Camp Middle School PTO President