**Our PTO has put together some answers to FAQs for parents of new 6th graders. To read it, click here.**
2019 - 2020 Registration
July 29 - 8th Grade Registration (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
July 30 - 7th Grade Registration (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
August 1 - 6th Grade Registration (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
1. Go to https://sis-sumner.tnk12.gov/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsSUMStu/seplog01.w and complete the online portion of registration. A copy of your username and password can be obtained from the school on Wednesday, July 24th from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. It will also be available on registration night.
2. Print out and complete the Health Information Form:
3. All families must bring two proofs of residency. (See below)
Acceptable Proofs of Residency
(Proofs of Residency must be dated within 30 days of the day you register to demonstrate in-zone status.)
▪ Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for a specific address (Notary public or typed/handwritten letters from the landowner are not accepted)
▪ Current bill assigned to a specific address—electric, gas, water, cable, internet. (Cell phone, medical bills, driver’s license, car/voter registration, and credit card bills are not accepted)
**Please Note: To Enroll - You Must Currently Be Residing in the Station Camp Middle School zone. Builder Contracts/Letters Can NOT Be Used As Proof Of Residency.
Residency: Please see information for acceptable proof of residency. If you do not own/rent your own residency and are declaring to SCMS that you reside with another family, you must appear with the homeowner and complete a Residency Affidavit. This must be notarized. The Homeowner must be present and provide (2) utility bills in their name. A Truancy Officer from Sumner County Schools will verify residency.
NOTE: A Truancy Officer may verify your residence at any time during the current school year.
Custody: If your child is not living with BOTH biological parents, we must have a copy of custody papers to verify that the child is living with the primary residential parent. These must be filed and signed by the judge. This is for your child’s protection, as well as to protect the school from liability. Frequently, copies of these papers that you may have given a previous school will not be in your child’s school record. Some schools keep these in a separate file and do not transfer them in the student’s record.
**If there is anyone whom your child should not have contact with, you must furnish us with documents to declare that.**
4. All 7th grade students are required to update their immunizations with proof of a booster dose of the Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (TDaP) vaccine, and confirm either chickenpox immunity through the disease or receipt of two doses of the Varicella vaccine. Documentation must be on a TN form.
5. Lockers will be assigned during registration. If you would like a lock for your child's locker, they may be purchased for $5 during each registration night. Locks must be purchased at the school to ensure that a proper lock is placed on the locker and is accessible by school administration if needed. No locks purchased outside of the school will be allowed. Once purchased, students may keep their locks and reuse them year after year at SCMS. Also, students may take their locks home to practice their combinations before the first day of school.
6. School pictures will be taken during each registration night. Please have your student dress accordingly. Photos from this session will also be used for student ID badges, which will be worn each day at school. All students will be provided one ID badge and one lanyard free of charge. These will be worn during all regular school hours to both promote student responsibility in preparation for high school expectations as well as ensure all individuals within our building have a clear and visible ID badge. If an ID badge is lost, replacements can be purchased in the library for $5.
7. Click on the following link for a copy of the Sumner County Schools Middle School Supply List: https://scm.sumnerschools.org/images/PDFs/19-20_MS_Supply_List.pdf. Students may bring these items with them on the first day of school. First period teachers will help organize and distribute materials within each grade level.
8. Copies of custody papers will be required if applicable and if not already on file at SCMS.
9. Our PTO plays an important role in the success of our school. Click here for the PTO Registration Form. (optional)
*At each registration night, parents and students will receive a class schedule, an assigned locker, school map, breakfast/lunch information, Skyward Parent Portal information, school communication information, and a copy of the Station Camp Middle School Handbook.