2021-2022 Student Registration
Welcome Bison! We look forward to seeing you at SCMS!
In order to expedite the registration forms, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the online registration in Skyward.
- Make sure you have the required documents listed below. Bring these documents with you to complete registration.
- Sumner County Schools Student Enrollment Checklist
Parents should bring the following to Registration:
1. Two proofs of residency. For a detailed list of approved proofs of residency, please click here.
2. Immunization Record on Tennessee Form. Please visit the local health department to get out of state immunization forms transferred. 7th grade students are required to receive an updated immunization with the TDAP Booster.
3. Birth Certificate
4. Child Custody and/or Guardianship Paperwork. For more information, please click here.
7. If your child is transferring to Station Camp Middle School, please complete this form.
8. Home Language Survey **This survey is only for those new to the United States.**
9. Our PTO plays an important role in the success of our school. Click here for the PTO Registration Form. (optional)
(Proofs of Residency must be dated within 30 days of the day you register to demonstrate in-zone status.)
▪ Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for a specific address (Notary public or typed/handwritten letters from the landowner are not accepted)
▪ Current bill assigned to a specific address—electric, gas, water, cable, internet. (Cell phone, medical bills, driver’s license, car/voter registration, and credit card bills are not accepted)
**Please Note: To Enroll - You Must Currently Be Residing in the Station Camp Middle School zone. Builder Contracts/Letters Can NOT Be Used As Proof Of Residency.
Residency: Please see information for acceptable proof of residency. If you do not own/rent your own residency and are declaring to SCMS that you reside with another family, you must appear with the homeowner and complete a Residency Affidavit. This must be notarized. The Homeowner must be present and provide (2) utility bills in their name. A Truancy Officer from Sumner County Schools will verify residency.
NOTE: A Truancy Officer may verify your residence at any time during the current school year.
Custody: If your child is not living with BOTH biological parents, we must have a copy of custody papers to verify that the child is living with the primary residential parent. These must be filed and signed by the judge. This is for your child’s protection, as well as to protect the school from liability. Frequently, copies of these papers that you may have given a previous school will not be in your child’s school record. Some schools keep these in a separate file and do not transfer them in the student’s record.
**If there is anyone whom your child should not have contact with, you must furnish us with documents to declare that.**
**Copies of custody papers will be required if applicable and if not already on file at SCMS.**