**This page will be updated when the 2019-2020 Registration materials are available.**
Below are the required documents you can complete at home prior to your student's registration night. We recommend completing as much of this at home as possible to help make our registration nights move quickly and efficiently. We will also provide paper copies of all documents at each registration night if needed.
- SCMS Registration form
- Acknowledgment of 2018-19 Important Policies or Reconocimiento de 2018-19 Políticas Importantes para Padres y Estudiantes
- Health Information Form 2018-19
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Military Information Form
- Migrant Occupational Form or Programa de Educación Migrante en Tennessee - Encuesta de Ocupación
- Home Language Survey
- Google Apps Form
- Parent Survey - Please complete the parent survey covering several important topics concerning Station Camp Middle School. We ask that you please take five to ten minutes to provide us with feedback that can be used to help continue our efforts in best meeting the needs of our students and school community. We will have a station set up at each registration night with computer access to this survey if you are unable to complete it at home. If needed, here is a link to several definitions: AdvancED Survey Definitions or AdvancED Definiciónes de La Encuesta Para Padres.
- PTO Registration Form (Optional)
- Dates and times are as follows:
- 8th Grade – Monday, July 29 (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
- 7th Grade – Tuesday, July 30 (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
- 6th Grade – Thursday, August 1 (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
- Parents and students will receive a class schedule, school map, breakfast/lunch information, iNow Parent Portal information, school communication information, and a copy of the Station Camp Middle School Handbook.
- All families must bring two proofs of residency. (See below)
Acceptable Proofs of Residency
(Proofs of Residency must be dated within 30 days of the day you register to demonstrate in-zone status.)
▪ Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for a specific address (Notary public or typed/handwritten letters from the landowner are not accepted)
▪ Current bill assigned to a specific address—electric, gas, water, cable, internet. (Cell phone, medical bills, driver’s license, car/voter registration, and credit card bills are not accepted)
**Please Note: To Enroll - You Must Currently Be Residing in the Station Camp Middle School zone. Builder Contracts/Letters Can NOT Be Used As Proof Of Residency.
Residency: Please see information for acceptable proof of residency. If you do not own/rent your own residency and are declaring to SCMS that you reside with another family, you must appear with the homeowner and complete a Residency Affidavit. This must be notarized. The Homeowner must be present and provide (2) utility bills in their name. A Truancy Officer from Sumner County Schools will verify residency.
NOTE: A Truancy Officer may verify your residence at any time during the current school year.
Custody: If your child is not living with BOTH biological parents, we must have a copy of custody papers to verify that the child is living with the primary residential parent. These must be filed and signed by the judge. This is for your child’s protection, as well as to protect the school from liability. Frequently, copies of these papers that you may have given a previous school will not be in your child’s school record. Some schools keep these in a separate file and do not transfer them in the student’s record.
**If there is anyone whom your child should not have contact with, you must furnish us with documents to declare that.**
- All 7th grade students are required to update their immunizations with proof of a booster dose of the Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (TDaP) vaccine, and confirm either chickenpox immunity through the disease or receipt of two doses of the Varicella vaccine. Documentation must be on a TN form.
- School pictures will be taken during each registration night. Please have your student dress accordingly. Photos from this session will also be used for student ID badges, which will be worn each day at school. All students will be provided one ID badge and one lanyard free of charge. These will be worn during all regular school hours to both promote student responsibility in preparation for high school expectations as well as ensure all individuals within our building have a clear and visible ID badge. If an ID badge is lost, replacements can be purchased in the library for $5.
- Lockers will be assigned during registration. If you would like a lock for your child's locker, they may be purchased for $5 during each registration night. Locks must be purchased at the school to ensure a proper lock is placed on the locker and is accessible by school administration if needed. No locks purchased outside of the school will be allowed. Once purchased, students may keep their locks and reuse them year after year at SCMS. Also, students may take their locks home after each registration night to practice their combinations before the first day of school.
We are very excited to start another successful school year here at SCMS! Please be sure to check our website (scm.sumnerschools.org) and our Facebook page for updates and upcoming events. Our weekly Dates & Details emails will also start back up on Friday, July 13.
If you have any questions about our registration nights or the upcoming school year, please do not hesitate to reach out.