Dear Parents and Students,
**Parents, we want you to know that SCMS cares about our students. Obviously, as teachers, we are concerned about the learning time that we are missing in our classrooms. But, we also want to make sure our students are safe and healthy. We will be reaching out to you in a variety of ways each week to check in to see if we can help in any way. Please take a moment to respond to emails, texts, Google Classroom messages, or phone calls and let us know how we can help. We know this is a very trying time. Thank you!**
***Update 4/17/20 - The County Instructional page, Sumner Connect, will be updated on Fridays for the next week. Below you will find a link to the Sumner Connect page. Station Camp Middle School will continue to provide resources prepared by our classroom teachers. Those resources will continue to be updated and available on Sunday nights.***
- Information about PBS Lessons
- Information about Wi-Fi access at 3 school campuses
- Link to site with options from Internet Service Providers
- Comcast is free for 60 days for families that qualify (page is also available in Spanish)
- Sumner Connect is updated every Friday with learning plans for the following week
Tips for Home Instruction
1. Set up a daily routine.
2. Have a designated place that is set aside for learning.
3. Limit distractions for your child during learning time.
4. Allow your child to take breaks but structure them to maintain a routine.
5. Mix screen time with offline learning. This can be difficult since many of the resources will be digital. Have your child read a book or textbook in order to have a break from the screen.
6. Connect with other parents to share strategies that you've found to be effective.
7. Allow your child the freedom to explore their interests.
8. Take time to have fun as a family.
Hopefully these resources will prove to helpful for your family.
Station Camp Middle School Administration, Faculty, and Staff